Call web service is no longer possible

Badge +3

I am no longer able (it worked in the passt) to do a call web service. - I only receive a "Cannot coonect to server". I can connect  to website/_vti_bin/usergroup.asmx and I do not see any error message within Fiddler or ULS log. Any idea?

Thx!

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Mario,

could you verify if there has been any change to the infrastructure? Maybe your IT has "hidden" the webservice so you're no longer able to get it..

If you try to use the Run Now option you're getting the same error?

Giacomo

Badge +3

Nothing has been changed and I am able to connect to the webserver ..._vti_bin/usergroup.asmx - see below.

When I click on "Run Now", I am getting the same error "Unable to connect to the remote server".

204060_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Mario,

do you have any variable in the web service url in the workflow? or do you use a static url? If you're using variables, could you give a try using a static url (even if it should work also with the variables, but in that case we should analyze the variables).. 

In the run now, if you try to do a "Test Connection", what's the response?

Badge +3

Hi Giacomo,

yes, I use variables but for the testing I changed it to a static URL. When I click on “Test Connection” I also receive a “Cannot connect to server.”.  The only message (checked with Fiddler, ULS etc.) that I found is “{"Data":"Cannot connect to server.","FileExtension":null,"FileType":null,"ShowDownloadLink":false}”.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Mmmm...that's strange...do you have alternate access mappings set for that web application? If yes,are you trying to use the main name?

Badge +3

Hello, I have the same issue.

We have a SharePoint 2010 where we have running lots of workflows. They were working just fine until yesterday. Yesterday, we were required to install an update to fix a bug. So, we installed version 2.4.9.0. Since then, every single workflow that has a call web service action, FAILS and gives me in the ULS the following error:

Error returned from the server: Unable to connect to the remote server --> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it: 127.0.0.1:443

The strange thing is, when we start this workflow directly on the server, logged on as the sharepoint administrator account (system account), it works!
When we run this under any other account on the server, it fails.

When we run it on a client under any account (even the system account), it fails.

So, I created a new workflow from my machine with 1 action... call web service and I tried to call the [weburl]/_vit_bin/usergroup.asmx service. When I hit the Refresh button to get the list with methods, I got a "Cannot connect to server" error.

When I take the URL and throw this in a new tab in the same browser, I can go to the service without any issues.

We tried installing version 2.5.4.20. Same results.

On acceptance, we also installed 2.4.9.0, and there everything works flawless.

There must be some kind of combination or change what makes those calls unusable in Nintex Workflow. But I haven't been able to find which one.