Role set by SmartObject calling an Oracle Stored Procedure

Badge

I have an application in which I'd like to have a Role set via a SmartObject calling an Oracle stored procedure (that is, the smartobject was generated using a configured Oracle service instance).

However, I haven't been able to find a description of how the procedure's output needs to be formatted such that K2 will accept the information as a set of destination users for a role.

I've looked at this example - http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.7/webframe.html#SmartObject_as_Role_Item__-_Adding_a_Role_using_a_SmartObject.html.

However, when I call the Oracle stored procedure, what comes back is an XML structure. The procedure itself is just a simple select which returns its output as that of a SYS_REFCURSOR. If I run the stored procedure's code, I get what I expect. If I call the stored procedure via its SmartObject, I get XML.

What am I missing here? The Oracle service instance has the option "Complex output as XML" set to "true", but I believe that was the default setting. If I set the instance's "Complex output as XML" to "false", will that "break" any of the functionality which K2 expects?

Has anyone successfully done what I'm trying to do - set a role's contents using a SmartObject calling an Oracle stored procedure?

Thanks...

0 replies

Be the first to reply!