PDFs coming out Unformatted EVERY DAY. have to do IIS Reset and K2 Service restart

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

We're currently having an issue whereby everyday, PDFs attached to K2 notifications/emails are coming out unfromatted. Unformatted means where the pictures are missing, the text boxes are all over the place and hidden data labels etc are showing

The only way we can fix this issue is to do an IISRESET and a K2 Blackpearl Service restart. Then afterwards the PDFs come over fine and all are formatted.

Then the next day, the same happens again at random. pdf coming over unformatted

This issue is affecting all our forms and can happen at any time.

We are currently on version 4.6.11 and set the PDF Converter Smartobject (using Workspace) to:

• usewebkit: true
  • tried different combinations of serialiresources to true and false)
  • set the Authentication Mode to ServiceAccount

On a side note, if we ever set usewebkit to FALSE, the pdfs come over grainy and blurred (but formatted), anyone else seen this?

We are working with K2 Support to look into this, but i just wanted to post on here in case anyone else had come across this issue and can offer any solutions?

Thanks....

2 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I have seen the similar issue with one of our customers and i would say you need to enable PDF converter logging enabled and see if you find any useful details available in the logs.

Also are you using custom Theme? most cases PDF formatting issue happens when you have custom theme

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi Praj,

We are not using any customised style sheets, just the default K2 stuff.

The pdf converter has been set to usewebkit = true and useserialised = true as well hasn't crashed today.

Will monitor it this week to see what happens.