Goto Activity

• 21 February 2006
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
So, I've been asked by users of a process that we developed to roll back to a previous activity so that they can make some modifications. I immediately thought of the "Goto Activity" button in the service manager. However, since the only documentation that I have seen for this item states, "This function allows you to re-direct a Process from one Activity to another Activity contained by the same Process." I was not sure how it would function.

My concerns comes from:

1) The fact that my process has branched into 2 seperate paths an there are now to distinct activities with their own destination users.
2) In "Instances" in the service manager, only one process instance with the correct folio is displayed.

Has anyone tried this before? Does anyone have any additional documetion on how this feature functions? Will it cancel both items or just one? Is there a better way to do this roll back?

Michael Fischer

1 reply

Badge +13
It will cancel both items when you use GotoActivity.

If you do not want to cancel the other one then you have to create a route to go to previous activity and create a process data field GOTOPREVIOUS, if the value is Y, that line is activated.