How to change the content type of an item?

Badge +3

L.s.

I,ve created a process that needs to change an item's content type.

As far as i can see, this can't be done with a standard list item event because the contenttype field doesn't show in the Wizard.

A smartobject event is no option because the workflow is attached to a content type, so i don't know in advance to what list the content type is added.

Does this mean it can only be done via a web service? Or does anyone have another suggestion?

5 replies

Badge +6

Hi LucienFokke,

Where are you attempting to change the content type of the item, K2 Studio or K2 Designer? Also is this a list item you are trying to edit and where was the process created?

If so this can be done in K2 Designer with the "Edit List Item" Wizard.

Please have look at the link below:

http://help.k2.com/helppages/K2smartforms1.01/K2D4SF_Edit_List_Item.html

HTH

Regards,

Yannick

Badge +3

Hi Yannick,

Thanks for the response. I'm using K2 Studio and it's the process that has to change the content type, not the user.

As you can see in the attached files, the XML field shows the Content Type field (or Inhoudstype in Dutch) but the List Items Wizard doesn't.

The reason for seeing so much more fields in the List Items Wizard is that i didn't select a content type, so it shows fields for all content types.

15054i76554CB737057BC5.bmp
12732iD5FBA8BE9F39ED5E.bmp
Badge +2

are you using a Sharepoint list?

Badge +3
Yes, i am.
Badge +2

well I believe if you go to your Sharepoint site where the list is then settings there should be a content type you can change there I believe. You would have to refresh the SMO and ServiceObject for it to take effect.