parallel IPC slots with a Succeeding Rule

• 27 May 2010
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Hi,

I have a multiple document approval workflow which has 2 processes.

1) Master Process 2) Child Process (document approval)

Master process has in IPC event to Child Process. As i said multiple document has to be processed parallel, i plan to configure the 'slots' for IPC activity. And set Succeeding Rule as if all slots=Complete then proceed further.

A process datafiled 'DocIds' will be having all the doc ids as comma (,) seperated value. I plan to use master process to loop thru 'DocIds' and for each doc id i can trigger IPC to run Child process.

In such case am unable to use the 'slots' configuration for IPC activity cause in this case IPC is triggered to individual docid. But without which Succeeding rule will also not be effective. Is there any other way to create parallel IPC slots and still would be able to handle them ?

Thanks in advance. -

ME

1 reply

Badge +8

Have a look at the following Blog post, it handles cases where the number of slots are not available at design time. It also makes use of some inline functions (new in 4.5) which you might find useful:

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/johnny/archive/2010/05/06/k2-4-5-tip-of-the-day-executing-a-specific-event-for-each-piece-of-data-in-a-list-array.aspx