Weekly Report Workflow

• 20 September 2022
  • 15 replies

Hi all, and thank you for opening my question. So, I need to create a weekly report using Nintex, emails users details of forms that require attention on a SharePoint list. These forms need to be filtered, and it should only email the users the forms from the list that are "Expired" and NOT "Equipment based". It also needs to pull out other pieces of data connected to the form shown in columns on the SharePoint list (such as Name, ID, Owner, etc..) 

Thank you for taking the time to read my message, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.

Regards, 

Proton 

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @professorproton 

Create a site workflow that is scheduled to run weekly.

1. The site workflow can perform a Query List filtering for the items that require attention. The Query List (output) should return the IDs of items as a Collection.

2. Use a For-Each Loop to process the output Collection. Extract the important fields/columns value from SharePoint List. Add the values into a Result Collection or append into a Text string (or build a HTML Table)

3. After exiting the For-Each Loop, use a Run If to check whether there was any results generated.

4. If there were results generated, use a Send Email to send the results to the users.

That is the core logic. 

Hi Garrett, and thank you again for your support 🙂. I suppose my question is how would I go about altering the settings on the query list in the workflow, I've tried this before but have been met with errors and haven't managed to get it working. 

Thank you. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @professorproton 

Here is a video about Query List. Although its for O365, it should be a similar configuration for Nintex for SharePoint. It should get you started using Query List.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @professorproton 

Next is Site Workflow. 

Here is how to access the Site Workflow

Source: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2013/help/#Workflow/RootCategory/SharePoint/Nintex.Workflow.SiteWorkflows.htm 

How to access the Site Workflow

Source: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint-Forum/Unable-to-see-quot-Create-Site-workflow-quot-option/td-p/34398

Hi Garrett, thank you for the resources. I have now got to a point where I have the query builder in place and have one more question: 

- I need the date filter in the query list to be greater than or equal to today, is there any way I can do this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @professorproton 

Query List - Date filter >= Today (Your date column should have future dates)

To compare Dates, both values should be DateTime type.

1. Create a DateTime variable and set it to Now (Check - Use date when action is executed)

2. Query List - Compare your Date column ("Created" as example) 
is greater than or equal to 
variable: dtToday

PS. That was the last question. New question(s) goes to a new thread 😉

Hi Garrett, it seems that when I include a date filter into the query list, it doesn't return any results
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @professorproton 

Can you show the query which you used?

Can you show the SP columns (which you want to search / query) and can you verify that column type is DateTime type?

Hi Garrett, thanks for your swift reply. 

I just checked and the column's data type is date. 

I will attach what the column/query looks like below. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@professorproton 

Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot the issues

1. Try to remove the first condition. (You can add it back later)

2. Instead of [today], use a hard-coded date (Today's date). You should get some of the values.

3. Try with the first condition only. Obsolete contains "no". Do you need to place quotes marks or it is fine without the quotes.

Hi Garrett, I've just tried all of the steps now and it seems that it all comes down to the date field. If I remove the obsolete search, I get the same result with the date. The hard coded date hasn't seemed to work either unfortunately. And it seems as if the obsolete search works without quotation marks. 

However, when I remove the "today" filter, it pulls back all of the dates, it seems that this is currently this issue. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Try this - Use "Current Date". (ignore the other items)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I only have access to Nintex O365 and NWC environments.

So, I'm not able to test or verify on other environments.

I understand, it doesn't seem like it's currently working, but I will see if I can work on a fix and if so, post it here.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-blogs/How-to-Query-SharePoint-List-Item-that-were-modified-in-Last-X/ba-p/79390