Form not Updating Changes in Rules after Finish button is pressed

Badge +3

Good morning all,

i have a form with some Rules. Some of this rules i cannot change becasue after i press the Finish button nothing really happens.

I can Change the Rule events and Actions, but when i press the Finish button i see the busy animation, but then the dialog Box of the rule stays open. In the end i'm forced to press the cancel button obviously loosing all changes as a consequence.

This happesn to some rules in this form not all of them. Any ideias?

Thank you in advance.

13394i2614953756E08EEB.png

7 replies

Badge +6

Hi Ricardo,

I see in the screenshot there is a error in the context browser. Would please let me know what it states. Also when clicking the finish button do recieve any form of error? It could be a time out error, if so could you confirm the error in context browser?

Kind Regards,

Yannick

Badge +3

Hi  Yannick, @Yannick

thanks for the fast reply.

everything runs fine, i just want to change the logic a bit. In fact to use the User's Name isntead of FQN.

The context "Error" is there all the time i belive so we can use that information in the form, just like the user information.

Not really a displad error message, but rather to hnadle error instead when it occurs and is our intention to handle it, but correct me if i'm wrong as i'm still getting familiar with K2's features.

Cheers.

Badge +6

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for your response. I have done some research and the issue most likely linked to a timeout issue as stated previously.

Please would you have a look within the Smartforms Runtime  Web Config file, it can be found in C:Program files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2 smartforms runtimeweb config. Next search for the timeout value and can you tell me the value?

Many Thanks,

Yannick

Badge +3

Hello Yyannick,

i found the follwoing timeout entries on the web.config file:

This one commented:

<!--<add key="Forms.Authentication.WarnTimeout" value="30"/>-->

and

<forms defaultUrl="Default.aspx" loginUrl="_trust/Login.aspx" requireSSL="false" enableCrossAppRedirects="true" cookieless="AutoDetect" timeout="9000" />

and

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="16384" requestValidationMode="2.0" enableVersionHeader="false" sendCacheControlHeader="false" executionTimeout="320" />

Best Regards.

Badge +6

Hi Ricardo,

I have spoken to one of my collegues and editing the timeout values within the Web.Config file can cause performance issues. My suggestion would be to enable full logging and reproduce the issue again. Once that is done check the latest K2 Hostserver log file to see if any errors are present. The log file can be found in C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin.

Also can you tell me how big the form is ie: how many rules, views and so forth?

Regards,

Yannick

Badge +3

Hello Yannick,

the rules are quite a few, but dont think they should be more then usual on any project  (see picture bellow):

11421iE4AB87DE5E84EB44.png

Regarding the logs, nothing new apparently as i replicated the issue and the date of the last log is from the 23rd and today is 25th:

12778i80390E99254E2E62.png

When i press finish it just does nothing, no error and no logging...

Best Regards.

Badge +3

Hello all,

just created a ticket with K" and after a webex session we end up discovering the issue was the version of Internet Explorer.

Something that K2 developers need to look into for the next releases/patch updates.

13011iE7642EB49F9A6B75.png

After we tried with google chrome ti was working.

Best Regards.