[K2 SmartForms] File Attachment field rendering problem

• 17 April 2014
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Hi all,

I have a File Attachment on one of my form which doesn't behave as expected :

- When I Add the file, no problem. The rendering is good, I can click on the file to download it and check it. One would expect it to be displayed the same way after saving and reopening the form. See attachment "K2_FileAttach_Expected.png" for expected display.

- After the save, when I open the form, the control is displayed as in attachment "K2_FileAttach_Problem.png". As you can see, it appears "broken", and I can't click to download it.

In the Initialization rule of the form, I simply get the file from a smartobject bound to SharePoint and put the return value "Document" in the File Attachment field. This works in other forms so that has to be a parameter issue.

In your opinion, what could cause this kind of behavior ?

Regards,

15129i3A95ECE70107F350.png
12493iB3BCACDBC7FCE158.png

3 replies

Badge +6

Hi Youpi,

Which version of SmartForms are you currently using? 

Regards,

Badge +2

Hi,

I'm using version 1.0.3 (4.12165.1285).

Just to be sure, I tried deleting my "File" fields and while creating them again, I noticed there was two different field type for a File Attachment. A file attachment with Progress and a simple File attachment.

Guess I was using File Attachment with Progress, because after I put "simple" File Attachment, the forms started working again.

There may be a problem with "File Attachment with Progress" on that version. Could be a Silverlight issue, but other silverlight components (ViewFlow) are working well on my test machine.

Badge +6

Hi Youpi,

There could just be a bug on that specific control, File Attachment with Progress, I'm pleased to know that the Simple Attachment control works fine. I have checked through the known issues for SmartForms 103, and this is not listed there.