Access event history?

• 19 June 2012
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

I'm using the K2 API for a web front end to a K2 BlackPearl (v4.6) workflow.  I would like to be able to access event history (e.g. when/who completed a certain task) and show it to other users later in the process.  How can I accomplish this?

If I have to be an admin user to accomplish this, I can accommodate that requirement.

4 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

You need to make use of the SmartObject API and call the workflow reporting SmartObjects to retrieve this kind of information.

The user you are logging in with needs to have View or View Participate rights on all the K2 Processes you want to view the data for.

I hope this helps!

Badge +8

Thanks for the tip.

Another question: What's with all the "Expired" Activity Instance items?  For every action that has been completed, I have one with a status of "Expired" and another with a status of, e.g., "Complete".

Badge +10

Hi,

Expired statuses mean that the user had the task but that it was completed by another destination user and when that user completed the task it expired the tasks of all other users.

To explain this better I will use an example. Lets say you are assigning three destination users, but keep your Activity's slots configured as one (Which means you only need an action from one of those three users). When the activity is planned, three tasks will be assigned. All three users will see the task on their worklists. When the first person opens the item the status of the worklist item will change to Open for this user and Allocated for the others. When the first user then completes the task by taking an action, the event is marked Complete for this user but because you only have one slot configured, the other users' tasks are expired because their responses are irrelevant. When you look at the reports, the one with the status of Completed was the one that opened and actioned the task. The Expired statuses indicates that these users had the task on their worklists, but that they never completed it.

I hope this makes sense!

Badge +8

I hope this makes sense!

Sure does.  Thanks!