K2 SubForms/Subviews used inside parent form

Badge +2

Hi All,

We are looking for an approach where we need to use a set of controls on K2 Smartform at more than one place on the same Smartform. On googling a bit we found concept of K2 Subforms and K2 Subviews. However, when we try to open Subview, it opens in a modal/popup window whereas we need to display the controls of subform/subview 'inside' parent form/view.

Is it possible to configure the subforms/subviews to display inside parent smartform/smartview? If not, what may be possible solutions to meet the requirement?

TIA,

Kamal

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi, if you are working on designing a form you can just drag the view in question onto the form you are designing and resuse the view in that way.

I am curious as to your thinking that lead you to the idea of SubViews/SubForms as I want to make sure I am understanding the finer points of your requirement.

Badge +2

@J. Scott Pitman

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I'll try to frame the requirement as follows:
We have a set of Contacts - Contact1,Contact2 and so on. These Contacts share a common set of fields like Contact Name, Contact Type, Company Name etc.
Now, I need to gather info from user for all these Contacts in a way as depicted in attached screenshot.
Instead of creating new controls for each Contact, I need to somehow reuse the same set of controls for all Contacts and at the same time get separate/segregated details for all Contacts and save them in my SharePoint list.

Your help is much appreciated!

12745iD72DBCC31CBFB60D.png