Starting a K2 Process with a Given File List

• 25 June 2010
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi All,

I have a work requirement, at work we have a scan service that places files (pdf) on folders and then starts processes, but this needs to change.

The new requirement means that the scan files (pdf) are placed on a centralized location and from that the users select what files are to be used to start a process, this means that a K2 process can start with more than one file.

I have all the backgroup code done (websercice and sutch, and code to placed files in base64 inside the process), now the thing is...

How interface can i give the user for example to select 2 ou 3 files inside a sharepoint library list and then lanch a K2 process....

Thanks in advanced
Miguel

1 reply

Badge +8

Shooting from the hip, one easy way to do this is to create a custom ASP.NET page that lists the documents in a List, allow the user to make their selection and then use that page to start the workflow, passing the necessary information to the K2 Process. 

Listing the documents can be done easily using the SharePoint SmartObject one can create from the SmartObject Service Tester or SmartObject Management from K2 Site Settings in your site (depends on the version of K2 you are using) and the SmartObject API.

Starting the Workflow can also be done using the Workflow API.