Web Services and Assembly Event

• 5 October 2011
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

We are in the process of upgrading our k2 2003 workflows to blackpearl. We're using blackpearl 4.5 build 1320. In our existing k2 2003 workflows, we call various web services we've developed in wsdl format (java based) using the "Web Services and Assembly" Event. My understanding is that there is no OOTB replacement for this event in blackpearl.

We tried blackmarket product, Dynamic Web Service SmartObject:
http://www.k2underground.com/groups/dynamic_web_service_smartobject_service/default.aspx But it doesn't work with wsdl's of our format.

I'm new to blackpearl, so was hoping for a wizard or some other blackmarket event that we could use in blackpearl. Or is our only option the Code Reference or Default Server event?

Thanks for your help,
Andrea

3 replies

Badge +11

You have several options:

1.  Add a reference to the web service to the process and then use code reference or default server.
  2.  Generate your own proxy using the .NET svcutil and reference those assemblies in the process,
  3. Write a custom ServiceObject that calls those web services and then invoke them using SmartObjects.

I like to use a server code event or custom service object because it gives you complete control of how the service is invoked and you can add error handling to catch any exceptions.

Badge +2

Thanks David - I'll give those a try.
Andrea

Badge +2

Thanks for the help, David - we're also going to use server code events - seems to be the best approach for us.

Andrea