K2 Workflow Project type

Badge +3

Good morning,

Everytime I try to create a new K2 Workflow project, I receive the following error:

The application for the project 'C:Temp...k2proj' is not installed.
Make sure the application for the project type (.k2proj) is installed.

What can I do to fix this? Thanks,

Daniel

10 replies

Badge +9

Did you check your installation and configuration log files for errors? That might give some clue if there was some issues during the installation.

Badge +3

The only error I can see in the logs is likely not related:

"172","2008-07-31 11:18:34","Info","15","15001","INFO","SourceCode.VisualStudio.Configuration.Config","15001 File not found: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDesktopK2 Studio Designer.lnk","anonymous","0.0.0.0","COMPUTERNAME","172","5cb39494c3c04d809854de4c2959f800",""

Badge +11
Double-check the prerequisites for K2 Designer for Visual Studio.  There are several products from MS that you must download and install before installing K2.  The one that seems to be frequently missed is "Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0 (Windows Workflow Foundation)".
Badge +3

Yup, I've got that. Although I have two similar items:

• Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0 (WCF & WPF), November 2006 CTP
  • VIsual Studio 2005 Extensions for Windows Workflow Foundation
Badge +9

I have seen a similar cases due to locked down machines and/or non-default install paths.  But most of them are pre-0803 related.

If these are not the causes, then I would suggest logging a support ticket if you have customer portal access.

Badge +3

Hmmm, that does remind me, when I ran the configuration tool, I had to run it as a different user (so that I'd have access to the database).  If I run Visual Studio as this user, I am able to create the project successfully (I wonder why there is a database connection being made here).

Thanks!

-Daniel

Badge +9
From what I understand, the Visual Studio designer should only be connecting to the host server for information (on port 5555).  You might want to run the K2 Host Server in console and see what it happening when you run with different credentials.  It might be some permissions issue some where.
Badge +3
Looking at the server in console mode, I dont see anything when I connect as my windows login =o[
Badge +3

I had a perfectly running Visual Studio 2005 application, with K2 successfully installed.  I had created and deployed multiple workflows successfully.  I then had a requirement that meant that I had to uninstall MOSS 2007 from the same machine I had K2 running on.

This meant that I had to run the Modify option in the K2 Setup executable.  On doing so successfully, I now get this error message of:

The application for project <path to project> is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type (.k2proj) is installed.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to resolve.  I need this back and working asap.

Badge +1

Did you run the Configuration Manager after you uninstalled MOSS 2007.  I was getting this error yesterday and it worked after I configured my system.  However, my situation was diffrent because I was setting up my system for the first time, but I thought I would try to help.