PowerPoint corrupting after using 'Create Item'

Badge +4

I have a document library which holds to the Agenda, briefing slides and reports for our monthly Programme Boards. I've added the three used templates onto the library as a content type and usually add them to the library as normal from SharePoint by clicking 'Files > New Document'. Two of the files are wor documents and the other is a PowerPoint.

I've made a site workflow that starts automatically which used 'Create Item' to create these documents in the library. The two word documents work fine, but the one that is suppose to be a PowerPoint is doing something very strange; instead of a PowerPoint it appears to be a word document and when trying to open it I get the following error messages:

2400iF8E9F6EB235658EF.jpg

2401i081626AE86CE95AA.jpg

When I click Edit Properties the Content Type appears to the be the right one. The names says .docx which I can't change.

Can I anyone spread any light on this for me? The content type in the library seems to be fine.

Thanks in advanced.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you correctly configured content type within create item action?

have you supplied document name with or without extension to the action?

Badge +4
Thank you! Didn't realise that would be an issue as it wasn't on the other documents. I've added it in there on the name and it works fine now.