Nintex form in display mode

• 7 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Is there a way to view a nintex form in display mode?  For example, I would like the user to be able to click a link that will allow the user to view a Nintex form for viewing, but be unable to make any changes to the fields. 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Sure. If you were to just click on a link to any one of your items with a form (that is, click on the Title), you'd be taken to the Display Form rather than the Edit Form. 

To make links that do this, you simply need to format the url reference to point to the list and end with "DispForm.aspx?{YOUR ID NUMBER HERE}" 

example: 

http://rootURL/sites/MainSite/Subsite/Lists/Your List Name/DispForm.aspx?ID=1

Badge +12

@poweruser13 ....Do you want to show the form in display mode or you want to also disable all the fields in edit mode too?

If it's the later then add rules on all your controls and disable them by using the function iseditmode.

Badge +1

Hi, I did decide to take the disable method since that worked best for my scenario.  I do have a quick question, how do I use the iseditmode to disable the fields.  I went into the forms, select all, then clicked disable based on a column value.  But if iseditmode simplifies the process, I would like to know how to use it.

Badge +12

@poweruser13 .....you need to create a rule on your panel(s) or control(s) and in condition, click function and under Common tab you'll see the option.