Working hours configuration with escalations

• 5 February 2009
  • 0 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

I have a client event that is due to escalate during business hours.  The time that it is set to escalate is dependant on some business rules within code behind the event escalate activity.

I have gone to the workspace and set the Working hours configuration and created a new Zone.  I have set the Zone to GMT local zone, and ticked Is Default Zone.  I went to the Working Hours tab and selected Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, no special dates.

I have then gone to the Users option under Workflow Server in the Workspace and assigned the appropriate users to that zone (everyone that will participate in the workflow).

In my code I parse in to the K2.SetEscalationRule a valid DateTime, int Day, int Hour, int Minute, int Second, int Repeat, K2.Configuration.Zone).  This last value is set in the Escalation Wizard.  In the Wizard I have selected the Zone, unchecked the use Default, and selected in the Context Browser -> Workflow Management Server -> Workflow Management Server -> Zones -> MyZone and added to the Zone.

When I run the workflow, I have one Client event that has escalations that uses the zone, and one Client event that does not.  The escalation values that I parse through are identical except for the last value.  ie, K2.SetEscalationRule a valid DateTime, int Day, int Hour, int Minute, int Second, int Repeat).

The Client event without the zone escalates properly.  The other with the Zone, does not.  By does not, it does not going in to Error, it just does not escalate.

Have I missed a step.  I did previously, I didn't have the SP1 for .NET 2.0 fix installed.  I also previously did not assign the users to the Zone.  but I have since re-deployed the workflow, and re-tried the workflow process.  Still no go.

Anyone with any ideas would be great.  I have just implemented 0807 with update 370.  This was previously 0803 server, and this was originally created on the 0803 environment and since been converted to 0807 code. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!