Date validation and field population

• 20 November 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Hey guys,

I've got two Nintex Forms (2013) questions and I hope I could get some help on both.

• When someone fills in the "Date From" field, it should immediately (runtime) return that the date is invalid if > Current Date, not on save of the form  - only possible in Javascript?
  • Set checkbox to Yes when "option 3" has been selected from a choice control - Possible using a function or Javascript?

Thanks,

2 replies

Badge +17

Glenda

The answer to your first is yes, with javascript unless you have the runtime validation running on another field providing the information for the Current date = "Today".  What I mean by this is that you would need a hard value to run against for the invalidation function to trigger.  Javascript gets you around this for the form, but otherwise just have a hidden field that is set to today by default, and then have the field be compared to that field upon entry.  Should work for you :-).

Second question...yes again with javascript.  There isn't a rule that currently allows you to set the value of another field within Nintex forms.

Badge +8

Eric,

Thanks for your quick response. Your answers were more or less what I was already expecting. Too bad it is only possible through Javascript through.

I will try your first solution using a calculated field. I refferred to "Current Date" from the Common tab in my validation, but that did not seem to compute directly adjusting the values immediately. Hopefully your solution works out happy.png.

Glenda