Calculated field not working for anonymous users

Badge +3

Hello Everyone,

There is a scenario for anonymous users. Anybody on internet can fill form for a list.

There is validation for email id column to check duplicate entries. for that I have used calculated field which has lookup function.

If(isNullOrEmpty(lookup("List Name","Email",lblEmail,"Email")),"","Already registered ")

This is not working for anonymous users although I have given "Add items" permission.

Error says "A request for SharePoint data failed. Error details: Access denied.

You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource."

Please help..

2 replies

Badge +3

I got to know that, for anonymous users client object model operations are blocked even though they have permission for list/site. May be runtime functions like lookup will make use of client object model.. So it's not working..

Error: The Method “GetItems” of the type “List” with id “{Lists’s Guid}” is blocked by the administrator on the server

Workaround for this is is removing the function GetItems from AnonymousRestrictedTypes using PowerShell:

OR

We can make use of rest API.. It will work for anonymous users.

Badge +3

Hi Frank,

This is like workaround solution. If we want to use Nintex run time function  lookup, need to remove the function GetItems from AnonymousRestrictedTypes using PowerShell: