Server Error ID4223: The SamlSecurityToken is rejected because the SamlAssertion

Badge +2

All of a sudden below error has appeared on opening the web designer. Any idea what could be the reason ?

Workspace is accessible, though its running under the same IIS site as Designer.

Server ErrorID4223: The SamlSecurityToken is rejected because the SamlAssertion.NotOnOrAfter condition is not satisfied. NotOnOrAfter: '5/19/2014 4:06:20 PM' Current time: '5/19/2014 6:33:15 PM'
 More Details

2 replies

Badge +6

Hi Parul,

I have seen this error before, here are some suggestions:

1) Restart Windows Timer Service 
2) Run w32tm /resync in a elevated command prompt 
3) iisreset 
4) Restart K2 server 
5) Restart SQL Server 

Disable connection pooling by adding <add key="Forms.UseConnectionPooling" value="false"/> to the configSections section of the web.config of the Designer, Runtime and Workflow sites. 

OR 
Extend the token lifetime of the bootstrap token to 9 hours (540 minutes) for example, which will cover a typical working day. Execute the following commands in die Windows PowerShell on the environment hosting the AD FS service to affect this: 
Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Adfs.PowerShell 
Set-ADFSRelyingPartyTrust -Targetname "Designer" -TokenLifetime 540 
Set-ADFSRelyingPartyTrust -Targetname "Workflow" -TokenLifetime 540 
Set-ADFSRelyingPartyTrust -Targetname "Runtime" -TokenLifetime 5

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,

Badge +2

Thanks Taariq Benn,

Looks the issue is with the bootstrap token life time.

Though I did all these steps yesterday, it was not working. But when I checked today morning it is working as it supposed to be.

1) Restart Windows Timer Service
2) Run w32tm /resync in a elevated command prompt
3) iisreset
4) Restart K2 server
5) Restart SQL Server

So it must be something with the token. I will follow the instructions to extend the token lifetime, if it occurs again.

Do you happan to have any link where I can find more information about how authentication works in K2 & about token lifetime.

Thanks !