Has anyone been able to add an exchange resource calender to an ics file in a nintex workflow?

• 22 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We have create a leave request form. As part of the workflow if approved it will email the user with a ICS file so they can add it to their calendar. In our department we have a Exchange resource calendar for staff to add their vacation, conference, etc. We would like to figure out a way to add this resource calendar to the ICS file. When the staff members "Accepts" the calendar event its added to their personal calendar and added to the resource calendar.  At this time we want to avoid connecting to exchange directly as part of the workflow.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have a look on these posts

Create an appointment element (.ics) with Nintex Workflow 2013 

How to send a meeting request | Nintex Community 

Badge +1

Yes, we have look at these post. Creating the .ics is not an issue. Would like to add a new element which would be the resource calendar as part of the ics file.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Would like to add a new element which would be the resource calendar as part of the ics file.

I'm not sure I understand this your requirement.

how and why would you want to include (whole?) calendar into an ics?

your 'resource calendar' should have had assigned dedicated resource mailbox.

ics file just defines an event.

just like you send ics with event definition to an user, you should send it to calendar's resource mailbox. its then just matter of setup whether resource mailbox auto-accepts received event/booking requests or somebody has to take care of it and confirm each request.

or do I miss anything?