Nintex databases

• 22 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Is there a reason that Nintex creates its databases with a different Collation from SharePoint when it is installed on SharePoint? Is there a way to change the Collation once the DB's are created? Is there a way to specify the Collation when creating the DB's? I'm new to Nintex.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Scott,

are you experiencing problems using workflow or forms? I would suggest to leave the collation as it comes by default as long you're not experiencing side effects.

As far as I know you cannot specify the collation during the installation process.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +1

I was getting errors in my Event Viewer traced back to Nintex databases:

I’m not sure if it is a problem, or a nuisance, which was the reason for my questions.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm I see. That error seems serious. I'd suggest you check with Nintex Support before changing the correlation. Not sure what side effects it might have.

Badge +1

I haven't found out much at this point. I'm still not sure if it is a problem (I haven't contacted support yet), or a nuissance. I did learn that there is no way to specify the database collation upon install, and there is no way to change the collation after install, so my guess is that the collation on the Nintex databases is a moot point. Why it is showing in my Event Viewer is the mystery. I will update this post if I make any headway.