Anyone manage to Create List and then continue to copy items from List A to the newly created list?

• 15 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to create a site workflow that does the following:

1) Create List - It will create a new Archive List for the year.

2) Copy Item - It will copy all items that met the archive criteria into the Archive List created

3) Delete the copied item from List A

Issue with the current available actions is:

1) Create List does not store the URL of the newly created list

2) Copy Item cannot be set for a list that have not been created.

Reason for wanting to create as a site workflow is so that all items can be auto archived at the turn of the year.

Anyone got any other workarounds for my named scenario?

I am currently using Nintex Workflow 2013 (Enterprise), version: 3.1.9.0.

2 replies

Badge +17

Site workflow should be doable, but for the site and list URLs it may require using variables to set those since they won't exist. Also I would suggest putting a pause in the workflow between create list and the query to copy items. This will allow SharePoint time to create that list and have the url valid. 

You could also use the REST API to achieve some of this and automate that with the call web service action in Nintex to execute those calls. That would allow you to query to get the new list that was created and thus have the correct URL in place for the workflow to use. 

Badge +1

Unfortunately in my environment I can never get Call Web Service to work.

my original plan was to use the following actions to Create List > Query List to query for all items in List A that matches the archive criteria > For each item, copy item to newly created list, then delete from List A

however copy item action doesn't allow us to actually input a variable to choose the list we want to copy to. That's where I'm stuck.