Non-Integrated Security

• 15 April 2008
  • 2 replies

Badge +9
I've set up a vpc with all of the server components involved with the blackpearl product, making this vpc its own domain.  When I try to develop for this server from a different machine (on a different domain), I get security issues when doing anything related to the smart objects.  Every time I try to create a smart object I get the error that my session needs authorization.  I have changed the connection string in every server setting I could find in the workspace to include a hard-coded user name and password as opposed to integrated security, and all other things seem to work just not smart objects.  Has anyone else tried a set up like this with non-integrated security?  Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing related to the smart object services connection?  Everything works fine if I develop on the VPC itself, but I was hoping to keep it strictly a server and not develop on it.

2 replies

Badge +9
As usual, I figured it out right after I posted the question.  I needed to include 'Authenticate=True' in my connection strings, and that got me past the smart object server error.  Now, on deploy, I get an Unauthorized error in the msbuild package which I am assuming is because at no point did I specify the credentials for logging into SharePoint on the VPC...  Since I am trying to deploy an InfoPath form to SharePoint, it must need the credentials of someone who can do so.  Does anybody know where I can specify these credentials?
Badge +10
Make sure the K2 service account has the neccessary permissions to SharePoint SiteCollection....Does it currently?