First approval email not being sent

• 10 October 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

hi

i am new to K2 so this might be a newbie question. I have a small approval workflow and for some reason it does not send the first approval email out to the approving user, the task is created in the task list but the email just does not get sent. I have compared the other approving events but have not foudn any differences. Can anyone give me an idea as to where i shoud look

thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Craig

What design tool are you using (K2 Designer, K2 Studio, Visual Studio?), and what client activity are you using? Typically Client Events have an option in the wizard to "Notify Participants when they receive a work item". Check your event to make sure this option is selected.

Another thing to check is that the affected user is not getting the email sent to their junk folder.

Badge +9

Craig

If you checked the previous and you are still not able to get the notifications to send, then I would suggest checking the queue for emails to see if the email is actually being sent and is just stuck in the queue. This is available at Computer Management > Services and Applications > Message Queuing. If it is not showing up in that queue, then I would check the contents of the message itself. Check to make sure that the destination is being set correctly and then try removing the body of the message, as this can sometimes be the issue.

Ian

Badge +7

the weird thing is that the 2nd and 3rd approval mails are being sent.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

This is odd, I would like to know:

1- what happens if you delete the first activity and re-create it? 

2- would it be possible to replace your first activity with the second, just for testing?

Let me know the results please.

Badge +9

Do you have anyone in the CC/BCC?  I had an issue where I was CCing a role with multiple users in it and the emails were not sending to anyone (the participants or the CC role users).  But it worked when there was only 1 user in the role.  Turned out to be a bug in K2 where it was not delimiting the users correctly and that's what caused no emails to send.  I created a support case and they sent me a cold fix for it.