Cascading DropDownLists

• 17 March 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +10

Hi guys,

I am having a problem with K2 cascading drop down lists. I was wonderin if anyone has come across this issue. I have a K2 smartforms list view. When you clcik the add toolbar button, it adds a new row to the list and a subview opens. The subview has two drop down lists. The first one is populated when the subview is initialised. The second one is populated when the first dropdown is changed. The cascading drop down lists work as expected. I then fill a few more fields in the subview and click the subview's save button. This save button basically transfers data from the subview controls to the listviews add/edit controls and then applies the changes to the listview and closes the subview. Now I can see one record in the listview has been added.

Now, when I select that item from the list view and then click the list view's edit button, it basically executes the edit selected row rule, and then opens and transfers the list view's add/edit controls data to a subview's controls. Everything is transferred successfully except the value for the second drop downlist. I tried to fix the problem by retransferring the second dropdownlist's value using the transfer data to a subview rule but that did not solve the problem.

If you have run into this issue and have a fix or suggestions then please let me know.

Thanks in advance.   

3 replies

Badge +6

I would suggest that you log a support ticket via the K2 Portal.

Badge +10

Thanks. I managed to get it working with a workaround by putting all onchaged methods in the list view itself instead of teh subview. Hope this helps someone else out.

Thanks

Badge +6

Hi,

Glad to hear that you've managed to work through the issue. Thanks for staying active on the post.

Regards,