How to display a infopath form field as column of the Sharepoint form library?

• 30 September 2008
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I have created a K2 infopath integrated workflow on a form library, based on the tutorial in documentation.

Please help me create a new column in the Sharepoint form library, which can be used to display some 'Status' based on a few infopath form fields.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS:

Another requirement is to create a view on the form library to show only the forms created by the logged-in user. So, if I can store the logged-in users id through the infopath form, I might be able to implement this requirement.

5 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

To be able to see fields from an Infopath form, you need to propagate these fields in Infopath.

You can do that by going to Tools - Form Options - Property Promotion. You can also specify if it should be possible to edit these fields in Sharepoint. After specifying the desired fields you have to submit the form and afterwards, you'll see the new fields in the forms library where you can add them to any view.

Concerning your second question, this could be solved by filtering the view (which however is not a secure measure to "hide" those forms from other users).

Regards,

DD

Badge +3

Thanks for your suggestion. But it does not seem to work for me.

I already had a infopath form associated with a work on a form library.

So, I first deleted all the exiting forms in the library. Then, I edited the infopath form to add some columns under property promotion and redeployed my infopath workflow.

2906814338_d37824fa2b_o.jpg

Then I tried to create a new view for the form library. But, I could not find the columns from the infopath form listed there.

2906815164_2dcb398199_o.jpg 

Any suggestions?

Badge +4

Hello,

When you added Property Promotion after publishing the form you might need to republish the form to the library (File - Publish - select To a SharePoint server with or without InfoPath Forms Services) - this should work.

Here is a good article showing proper form deployment (though it relates to forms with managed code (don't know if you use code)):

http://k2distillery.blogspot.com/2008/01/deploying-k2-infopath-web-enabled-forms.html

Regards,DD

Badge +3

The instructions in the article did the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Badge

Hello DD. Following your instructions I was able to display a field from my InfoPath form to my form library. However, the field does not display any data even though there is data in that field of the form. I have republished the form. I am using InfoPath 2007 and SharePoint 2007 enterprise edition. My form is browser compatible. Could you please help?
Thank you in advance….