Problem with server events after upgrade to 807 build

• 26 September 2008
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I have server events across an existing process created in the 803 version of BP.  These server events call a web service specific to our project and have been operating well for a few months.  I installed the 807 build on our dev environment yesterday.  Now whenever an instance of the process attempts to call that service I get an error "The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed".  This happens for both instances created since the 807 was installed as well as instances that were created prior to the 807 install.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems, or found solutions to this?

I have a support ticket logged already but was hoping to get an answer through the community if anyone knows.  If I get it resolved, I'll post the fix.

Thanks

5 replies

Badge +8
If this is indeed a problem, there is no way I can go to 807, I make extensive use of web services in my workflows.....please keep us posted on the outcome.
Badge +9

I've seen this occasionally if the URL for my webservice proxy class was pointing at an invalid URL (perhaps based upon an Environment Library setting???).  Could you please check to see that you're looking at the correct webservice URL?

Thanks.

Badge +9

Just to check, have you tried removing the web reference and re-adding it back (and then redeploying)?

Let us know if that works.

Badge +2

Thanks to Blake for helping troubleshoot this issue.  In the end, I discovered the reason for the change to the string table entries.

I had environment settings for mey web service URLs which I categorized as type "Web Service URL" when I created them.  Apparently, the 807 build decided to update all of them to the name of my K2 server.  Hence the web services calling the wrong thing. 

I suppose the lesson learned is that the type Web Service URL is best left to the K2 server settings and not using it for a convenient way of organizing my settings.

Badge +3

Hi,

I have this error of string entry. Please can you tell me how "Updating the string table entry to the appropriate value resolved the issue".

thank you