Error in Sharepoint StartEvent Connection Setting Option

• 11 July 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello

(its my first post, and i dont "write" a good English. Im french, from Montpellier, France)

I use K2 to write some wklf for SPS2010, and i just have an error on the Connection Settings in the Start Event of a SharePoint process.

Its the first time have got any error like this.

When i click on Next button (after i ve browse my Library), i ve got this :

An unknown error has occurred trying to Save the data for the Actions Selection Page. Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Le serveur n'a pas pu traiter la demande. ---> Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.
   à System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   à System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   à SourceCode.SharePoint.WebServices.K2SPLists.GetListFields(String listName, Boolean includeReadOnly)
   à SourceCode.Workflow.Design.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.Process.WFIntegrationPropertyWizardDefinition.GetSPItemFields(Boolean isDocumentLibrary)
   à SourceCode.Workflow.Design.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.Process.WFIntegrationPropertyWizardDefinition.BuildMetaDataXML()
   à SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.Process.ConnectionSettin

I try with an other libray of the same site, with browse buttons, its working. The error is only on a specific Library. My K2 account is collectionsite admin.

My Library dont have a complex url, without space or specefic letters like éàùç.....The columns type have only choice, simple text and number, and they have a name like this : 7. Particularités Contraintes spécifique or  5. Relations fonctionnelles internes.

I dont find any feedback on this error on the net.

If someone have any clue to me, its very appreciate.

Thks (and sorry for my hesitant English)

2 replies

Badge +1

edit: i erase the colums, and my library connection settings works fine.

Perhaps the prbl comes from the creation name of columns.

Badge +6

hi,

indeed, you're right, your columns name must be special charaters free.

I haven't tested this for now, but on blackpearl 4.6.5, SharePoint intégrations are based on systemName and no more on display name. this will avoid the issue you faced.