How do I fix Nintex on Ipad to allow the forms to display dropdown fields?

• 4 December 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I created a nintex form with mobile layouts for the phone and Ipad and the dropdowns have stopped working on the Ipad. I am accessing them through safari and when I tap on the dropdown menu the dialog box that shows my choices does't populate. The dropdowns were working before but they recently have stopped working as intended. If someone can help me out it would be much appreciated. 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

I understood that you have dropdowns on your form but since a recent update they don't show any data on iPad mobile layout. What kind of dropdown is it? Is it connected to a column? If so, what type of column? Basically choice fields and lookup fields render as dropdowns. The behaviour is different though, especially when not showing data there might be different reasons.

When you open the designer and open a preview of the mobile layout, do you see any data as expected?

These are the first things I'd check:

• for choice dropdowns: Is the control still connected to the column that provides the selection items or - if it's not intended to be connected -  do you provide all the options manually?211236_pastedImage_1.png
  • for lookup dropdowns: Did you apply a filter to the drop down control(s)? If you do and the filter fails the default setup is that the control doesn't show any data which can be modified by either changing the filter or this setting211237_pastedImage_4.png

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

I have drop downs that are connected to a column on a list and on the preview on the form designer they are working as intended. The columns are choice fields and the options are provided through the columns. There is a lookup that isn't working either and there aren't any filters being run on it. The interesting thing about it is that the form was working properly up until recently. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm,

did you perform any update of the SharePoint or Nintex installations? It's odd that a form that was formerly working now causes troubles.

You could try the following for troubleshooting purposes:

• Export the current form
  • Delete the current form
  • create a new Nintex form and see if the columns behave as expected
  • reimport your exported form and publish it to get back to previous form
  • check control behaviour again

This way you can check if the problem is related to your form or the data that lies below.

Best regards

Enrico