assign List item permission to delegated user

Badge +2

Hello Experts,

I am encountering interesting issue  in my nintex workflow.

I have list with item level permission. in the workflow i am assigning item level contribute permission to the next approver. current approver is able to see the item when task is assigned to him via request approval activity.

however when  i delegate that task to other user,user is not able to see the record(list item) as it does not have permission on that item.so in this case how to handle.

please provide your valuable solution.

Regards,

Rajendra

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

is "next approver" the same person as "other user" whom the task is delegated to?

how do you configure item permissions within the task action?

Badge +2

Hi Marian,

nope they are different.

for example,

User A has raised request for travel a new item get created,and his manager let say B will be the approver.

in the workflow we are insuring he should have contribute permission in request approval activity.

Now if B delegate task to C, C is not getting the item level permission after delegation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I assume you configure permissions with set permission action.

that's not sufficient for delegation, you have to configure permissions within the task action itself.

if you look on request approval configuration dialog you can find there 'Item permissions' section.

you have to configure there that task approver has at least read permissions on list list item.

this setting ensures that once task is delegated, configured permissions are given to the new assignee.

205607_pastedImage_1.png