Required attribute 'type' not found. (c:program filesk2 blackpearlinConfigurationManager.config line 102)

• 20 December 2007
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

After installed SP1 to my machine(only K2 Studio Designer component is installed), I got error when open up the Pre-SP1 K2 process file,

Required attribute 'type' not found. (c:program filesk2 blackpearlinConfigurationManager.config line 102)

3 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

It looks like there is a problem with your Configurationmanager.config file.

The simplest way to fix this would be to uninstall K2, delete the K2 blackpearl directory in Program Files and then to reinstall.

Hope this helps.

Badge +5
We've faced the same problem in our environment, cleaning out K2 and rearranging a new fresh installation will eventually solve it.
Badge +1

It appears that the K2 SP1 installer will add the following element to the ConfigurationManager.config file:

<propertyWizard text="K2.net 2003 Property Wizard (Beta)" assembly="c:program filesk2 blackpearlBinSourceCode.Workflow.Interop.dll" />

Apparently SP1 includes backwards compatibility support for K2.net 2003 and I am guessing that is the reason this line was added. Unfortunately the entry is invalid - it does not specify a type attribute (as explained by the error message).

Rather than reinstalling K2, I managed to fix this problem simply by deleting the entire offending entry. I would speculate that this is not a valid fix for users intending on using the backwards compatibility functionality that SP1 offers.