muybien
Novice

Re: Pause For gives an error

how do you calculate and check 50 iterations? hopefully it's based on dedicated counter or loop index and not on item ID.

*I have a variable called counter which does a math operation at the end of each iteration of the loop

what's the exact error you get on pause within the loop?

*its just a generic error - Error on WF

is the error the same for set of 50 item as for whole set of 500 items?

*its the same generic error if I set the pausse for 50 or 100

do you execute any (high number of) actions on list item before you enter loop? (eg. create items, update items, update multiple items...)

*no.  within the lopp there is a single create item.  prior to the loop starting there is nothing significant.  if i disable everything within the loop then the pause for works at 50 or 100 increments.

does it (always) fail after first set of 50 iterations?  or multiple sets are processed until it errors out?

*yes, however I change it to 100 it will fail after the first set of 100

what else is being executed within the loop apart from creating items?

*just determining if the next day is weekend or not which is done with some simple math operations

what does happen if you commit and pause after each item?

* commit works fine..pause for fails

I know it will be very slow, but I'm interested in whether it fails after very first item or how many items it handles.

If i take the counter off and pause it is not unusual to write out all 500 records but it will report back a generic error.  In other cases it may write out all 500 and then duplicate all 500 even though history says only 1 WF instance ran.  Other times it may stop after 300 with a generic error.

What I am doing now as a painful manual workaround is I am filtering the query to 75 items with out any pause or commit and there are no issues.  However, this is a huge pain as I need to change the query 7 times to change to the next set of 75.

are there any dependencies (lookup links) among items (eg. if item 25 links to item 75...)

*none

do you have any other workflows on the list that might get triggers once you create items?

*none

could you post how does your workflow and configurations look like?

* give me a day...thx

**Note for some reason when Nintex Blog made its changes it forced me to pick a new name ?  I was davidjohnson

0 Kudos
davidjohnson500

Re: Pause For gives an error

how do you calculate and check 50 iterations? hopefully it's based on dedicated counter or loop index and not on item ID.

*I have a variable called counter which does a math operation at the end of each iteration of the loop

what's the exact error you get on pause within the loop?

*its just a generic error - Error on WF

is the error the same for set of 50 item as for whole set of 500 items?

*its the same generic error if I set the pausse for 50 or 100

do you execute any (high number of) actions on list item before you enter loop? (eg. create items, update items, update multiple items...)

*no.  within the lopp there is a single create item.  prior to the loop starting there is nothing significant.  if i disable everything within the loop then the pause for works at 50 or 100 increments.

does it (always) fail after first set of 50 iterations?  or multiple sets are processed until it errors out?

*yes, however I change it to 100 it will fail after the first set of 100

what else is being executed within the loop apart from creating items?

*just determining if the next day is weekend or not which is done with some simple math operations

what does happen if you commit and pause after each item?

* commit works fine..pause for fails

I know it will be very slow, but I'm interested in whether it fails after very first item or how many items it handles.

If i take the counter off and pause it is not unusual to write out all 500 records but it will report back a generic error.  In other cases it may write out all 500 and then duplicate all 500 even though history says only 1 WF instance ran.  Other times it may stop after 300 with a generic error.

What I am doing now as a painful manual workaround is I am filtering the query to 75 items with out any pause or commit and there are no issues.  However, this is a huge pain as I need to change the query 7 times to change to the next set of 75.

are there any dependencies (lookup links) among items (eg. if item 25 links to item 75...)

*none

do you have any other workflows on the list that might get triggers once you create items?

*none

could you post how does your workflow and configurations look like?

* give me a day...thx

0 Kudos