Newbie Help

• 4 August 2009
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

Hello,

Trying out the trial for BlackPoint and I am totally overwhelmed. Any resources for beginners?

I am trying to put together a calendar that will send out reminders at 45 and 30 days before an event, send a task for collection and if approved by 3 individuals can be extended to a new date. Doesn't seem that complex but I can't figure out how to do any calculations on the end date to allow for me to action by sending a reminder and assigning a task. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

1 reply

Badge +4
Hi,

I think the best and quickest way would be to create a activity with a InfoPath client event and a Data Event. Then to set up the delay you will use the Start Rule with a datafield to specify the days before the activity should start.  When the user gets his item after the initial 45 days, he can add the amount of days to extend this to an xml field that you will you use in the Data Event to map that xml field, to the datafield that is used in the Start rule. So to set up your InfoPath client event you can have two actions. 1) Go to the the next activity and 2.) Extend this. The extend  action must be used with a line going out of the activity to itself again(loop) that will use the 'new' datafield value in the activity start rule. Where as the other action(ex, Accept/Decline) will go out to another activity.

hth,