Change permissions of a folder in a document set

• 16 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We are using Nintex with SharePoint 2013. I'm using a library with Documents sets. The Document set contains  of 5 folders with a default documentin it . I want to change the permissions of 1 of the folders as it needs limited access. Can this be one with "set item permissions" workflow?

Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +3

hey, have you considered using sharepoint library premissions itself. when you select library settings; go to premissions and you can select  premission types and who will have premissions to that library.

Badge +1

Thanks for you response. Thing is that I want to change the permissions of only one folder in de the Document set? I can do that manually in the SharePoint permissions after a new docment set is created but I would prefer to change the permissions via worflow.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

The Nintex action Set Item Permissions can accomplish the same-ish functionality.  We have a list shared by multiple groups - a choice field drives where the item is stored, and sets the appropriate permissions.

Perhaps you could do something similar - it would not actually set the folder perms, but anything in the folder would have item perms applied...