Default Line cannot be joined back onto the same activity

• 5 December 2007
  • 6 replies

Badge +4
As per K2.net 2003, i'm trying to create a line that will loop straight back onto the same activity.  Why can i not do this in the K2 blackPearl designer in Visual Studio 2005?

6 replies

Badge +9

I have been able to accomplish this using the Visual Studio designer... are you using the right-click-and-drag method of drawing a line, or does the activity have an outcome line stub already?  When I have an outcome line stub, I can left click and drag it back to the same activity successfully as in my blog post here:  http://blogs.claritycon.com/blogs/tim_byrne/archive/2007/11/30/3520.aspx

I hope this helps...

Badge +4
icon-quote.giftbyrne:

I have been able to accomplish this using the Visual Studio designer... are you using the right-click-and-drag method of drawing a line, or does the activity have an outcome line stub already?  When I have an outcome line stub, I can left click and drag it back to the same activity successfully as in my blog post here:  http://blogs.claritycon.com/blogs/tim_byrne/archive/2007/11/30/3520.aspx

I hope this helps...

i've tried both & neither will let me do, or so it appears :( with the right-click method it doesn't draw a line at all and with the line tool selected it just gives me a new line not joined to anything and even if i then try to join it up onto the same activity it just won't allow it.  I've also tried using the outcome line that comes from the default Client Task wizard & that won't work either.  I'm using the RTM version are you?

Badge +9
I am using RTM as well, though I do not have the line tool selected for any of my line drawing actions.  Could you post some screenshots of the behavior?
Badge +11

Try to keep in the Shift button when dragging the line.

- Ockert

Badge +4
icon-quote.gifOckert:

Try to keep in the Shift button when dragging the line.

- Ockert

give that man a cigar :) thanks guys, holding down shift is the answer

Badge +7
However I can complete it without holding the Shift.