Not applicable

Nintext Form not working on item edit

Hello! I am new to Nintext Forms. My company just recently made it available to us. I created a form that was working for few days. Today I right clicked on a list item and selected edit item and am redirect to a page basically saying something went wrong. I recreated the form and still have the same issue.I am on SharePoint 2013 standard edition. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintext Form not working on item edit

can you try to preview that form in edit mode before publishing? Also check if the form is visible in case of creating new item

Not applicable

Re: Nintext Form not working on item edit

I have a client with a similar issue. We have a custom list using a Nintex form. For some reason the form only works when a new item is created. If you try to edit or display the item you get the following error: "Sorry, something went wrong. Unable to find the default display form for list <name removed>."

I looked at the list with SPD and when you look at the list properties the only item listed in the Forms section is NewForm.apsx. If you look at the All Files view of the list you can see all of the default form files (NewForm, EditForm, DispForm) so in the Properties view I created a new EditForm which then was listed in the Forms list along with NewForm. When you click edit the item loads properly but using the default SharePoint edit form instead of the Nintex form.

I've tried republishing the form but it doesn't see to make a difference. I tried using the preview function in the form designer and all of the different views previewed correctly.

I'm gonna dig through the ULS to see there's anything useful there but figured I would respond to this as well.