Troubleshooting destination rule firing without user intervention

• 17 March 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Is this the right forum to post this question to?  I'm a newbie to K2.net 2003 and this website.

We have two specific workflows that work almost perfect.  About once a month or so, an activity moves to a destination rule without the end user clicking on a button on a form.

Has anyone seen similar symptoms before?  Is there any more information that needs to be specified for someone to help diagnose this?

Thanks, Meyer

4 replies

Badge +6

First, I think this is the proper forum to post your question to. The moderator would let you know if not ;-) 

Back to your technical question...It depends.

This may be 'by design'. If there are escalations that fire (i.e. after 3 days) and causes the process to move on.  Or the process has been re-routed by an admin using a 'Go To' (expires all activities and goes to a specific Activity), or a task has 'Expired' which can also have some processing done beyond the interaction from a user (server event rather than a client event).

K2.net has been around for quite a while, and given no 'phantom' processing has been reported before occured before (barring the items I list above), I am apt to think it is explicitly "by design", though maybe not remembered (developer left and didn't share the logic) or documented (not in technical specifications of project) etc.

HTH.

Badge +7

Hi,

I have faced some 'phantom' processing in the Biztalk-k2 adapter Level.

Any Ideas???

Thanks.

Badge +1

Thanks for your suggestions.  I have ruled out escalations, someone performing a Go To, and expired tasks.  I'm in the process now of checking system logs and looking at workflow variables.  As this situation happens once a month, I think I should add diagnostic debug statements and then wait for the next production build to deploy it.

Badge +13

Although this is probably not the case, what happens if the destination is assigned to a dynamic queue which contained 1 person, and that 1 person leaves the firm and queue refresh occurs to remove the only person assigned to the activity?

Does it become Error status when queue refresh occurs or expires/completes that activity?