Creating multiple Assign Flexi Tasks can impact on workflow size?

• 1 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

I would like to clarify the size of workflow, will the workflow significantly increase based on the number of Assign Flexi Tasks or number of operations such as conditions, lookup the value from another list, etc? E.g. I have to assign the task to different owners based on the criteria. Criteria one assign to owner A for approval, Criteria two assign to owner B and so on. If I have ten criteria, I have to create ten Flexi Tasks. It will increase the size of workflow, right? So, I am trying to optimize the size and performance of the workflow, I will check the criteria and pass the owner to the variable then assign it to the one Flexi Task at the end. Please advise, if anyone has a better approach to optimize the workflow performance. Appreciate for your sharing.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Your approach would be the most logical one: determine based on the criteria which of the 10 possible assignees need to be selected and use 1 Flexitask. Keep in mind that you have inline functions available which may take over some of the work, reducing the number of actions you use. Or see if it can be combined with a lookup list where you determine the assignee based on criteria filters in the Query List.....