Task form doesn't show calculated fields/repeating sections values.

• 3 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

I have a list form that has a lot of repeating sections, lookups and calculated fields. When I send the form for approval i can only see items that are saved as list item fields. Any repeating sections or calculated fields or the values of the lookups don't show on the task form. They are all blank as if it is a brand new form.. only items that are saved on the list fields are displaying values.

Is there a way to have the task form connected to the original list form, Can i attach a copy of it to the task form to approve even if a quick pdf version of it? 

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

first of all, is there any special reason you do not connect controls from list form to respective list fields?

especially when you need them to see in task form and when you have so much of them.

this is the easiest way how to handover content between list form and task form.

Badge +11

This might help:  

Or you can use Page Viewer on the task form and reference the display link to your list item. This will show all the data as needed.

Badge +9

Thanks Kapil. I tried the page viewer but it shows also the ribbon and the users can navigate out of the form).

I will try connecting every field and calculated column to a list field and let you know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if you want to go page viewer's way, have a look on following link May Mission - Universal task form