Move repeating section attachments into another list

• 19 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have created a form with a repeating section. Each repeating section has an attachment field. I have a workflow which takes all of the repeating section information and parses it out in a new list. 

I'm trying to figure out how to get the attachments added to each of the repeating sections and moved to the new list along with the other repeating section information.

Any help is appreciated.

4 replies

Badge +12

@AndrewRobinson .....May I know which version of SP and Nintex you're using? I'm using 2013 version respectively (Nintex form Version is 2.11.1.10) and it's not allowing me to add Attachment controls in repeating section in either type of Nintex forms.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @AndrewRobinson,

Using the 'Copy to SharePoint' action will be able to get all of the attachments from the list item copied into a document library. While the items are stored in individual repeating sections in the form, as far as SharePoint see's it, they are just files attached to the list item. If you require the metadata to be moved with the list item, you can store the URL's of the copied files in a collection and loop through the repeating section values to align with the correct file (comparing file name). Once you've identified the aligning file, you can update the list item with the metadata from the repeating section.

Badge +12

@AndrewRobinson .....I'm intrigued to know how you're adding attachment control in your repeating section. I've 2010 as well as 2013 and neither version allows me to do so !!!!

Badge +1

Hi Kunalpatel,

I thought it would be helpful to let you know the attachment control for repeating sections is available in versions 2013 and 2016.  See the release notes at https://community.nintex.com/t5/Best-Practices/Attachment-Control-in-a-Repeating-Section/ta-p/101241