\Please wait...\" sometimes generated in PDF when creating from Nintex Form using Muhimbi Convert URL or HTML to PDF workflow action. How can I extend the time for the form to fully load?"

• 5 May 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

How can the time be extended for the Nintex Form to fully load before the conversion occurs?

1 reply

Badge +2

I tried this on a plain vanilla list and it worked fine, as per Using Nintex Forms with Muhimbi PDF creator for SharePoint | The SharePoint Pub .

Perhaps the difference is the form that times out and shows the "Please wait..." modal dialog has a more complex signature field on it as per New! Easier way to add a signature capture ?

I notice that Muhimbi commented fairly recently on Solving formatting issues when converting HTML to PDF – Muhimbi that "PDF Conversion starts the moment a page 'finishes loading'. This generally works well, but some modern web pages rely on JavaScript to render part (or all) of the page. There is no way for our software to detect when the JavaScript has finished executing, as a result the converted PDF may only show partial information. As a workaround consider specifying a 'ConversionDelay' in our configuration file. Start with a high value (e.g. 30000 = 30 seconds) and if that works lower it to a more reasonable figure, often it just requires a value of 1000 (1 second)"