Added User manager, K2 Crashed and not working, Need help !!!

• 30 October 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

based on this topic

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Error-when-Running-Smartforms-on-another-site-different-domains/m-p/83708#M25247

i tried adding another domain for k2, i didn't edit default one but tried adding new

and k2 workspace crashed

i tried everything from repair blackpearl to repair/reconfigure smartforms but its not getting fixed

shall i remove blackpearl and reinstall, i tried checking bin files for configuration but cannot find

log files is showing this error -

"18081555","2015-10-30 09:41:08","Error","System","2001","ServerStartError","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostServerEngine.StartHostServer","2001 Error Starting Host Server: There is an unclosed literal string. Line 1, position 114.","system","172.16.100.201","TH1SRK2DEV1:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","18081555","c065d5e009ab4e45806abce3fb8b9bcb",""

cannot logon to management console to revert back bcoz "no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" error

Updated ---

Current Progress- we uninstalled and reinstalled Blackpearl

then updated smartforms

but designer is generating error - ID4243: Could not create a SecurityToken. A token was not found in the token cache and no cookie was found in the context.

please help..

3 replies

Badge +7

I am going to paste someone else that had the  ID4243: Could not create a SecurityToken error, I am not sure it is the same issue in your case, but it is worth investigating. 

Issue :

ID4243: Could not create a SecurityToken. A token was not found in the token cache and no cookie was found in the context.

Resolution :

This is normal expected behaviour . The browser token lifetime is not infinite . At some point it will expire and K2 will no longer be able to authenticate . There are valid security reasons why one would have a specific lifetime on these tokens . Now until the browser get's rid of it's session state , which a dump of the browser cache does , it will keep hitting the K2 STS's with that same token , which on the K2 side , has now expired .

This is all normal behaviour . In 469 we have built in clever mechanisms to work around this ... but at the end of the day its still expected behaviour based on how the mechanism works

What you can do is extend the Token Lifetime or Session Expiration . This lessens the chance of this issue occurring .

C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlWebServicesIdentitySTS
The select the appropriate STS
Edit the web.config – there you will find 2 settings:
<add key="SessionTokenLifetime" value="28800" />
<add key="MaximumTokenLifetime" value="28800" />

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi priya_seh,

Sorry to hear that. I would highly recommend logging a support ticket to fix the first issue and get the environment back to a working state. The error message ‘,"2001 Error Starting Host Server: There is an unclosed literal string. Line 1, position 114." is usually an indication that there is something misconfigured in the RoleInit field of SecurityLabels table (K2 support can provide a SQL script to update RoleInit) . Perhaps, an extra semi-color or a comma is being used. For example, if the LDAP for second domain is added with an extra ‘,’  at the end "LDAP://DC=Denallix;DC=CONTOSO;DC=COM,". That is why it is reading an unclosed quotation when starting K2 blackpearl server service.

I belive the second inquiry has been answered.  For a temporary workaround you can clear your browser cache and try to authenticate again. Seeing as there is not token, you should get a fresh one from the K2Server and you should be good again. Unfortunatley, the first issue will need address first otherwise the K2Designer will not load correctly. 

Badge +7

a small update

we could solve all other problems, now its back to original error

error k2 Starting Host Server: There is an unclosed literal string

we have created a support ticket to help with sql query to update RoleInit field of SecurityLabels table