How to avoid saving file to Form lib by K2?

• 19 September 2012
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi All,

I am developing a InfoPath form process using K2. It is my first K2 project.

The steps are:

1. user submits a request.

2. Save the form to Form Library by a given name (i.e REFxxxx.xml) with metadata value assigned.

(this purpose of this is the permitted users can view the form by visiting SharePoint site at any time)

3. an email is sent to destination user for action.

4.destination user  take action on the process.

5. form ( which was saved in step 2) updated.

There is a problem when destination user opens the url in the email, does NOT take action but close the brower (or by clicking "Close" button on the form).

K2 creates a seperate file without any doucment metatada value assigned. it is totally out of my expectation.

ie. I saved the form called "REF86.xml" on form lib in step 2, the seperate file called "Process-InfoPathClientEvent- Task for 86_23.xml" was created when approver did not take action. 

Once I approved/rejected "REF86.xml", the seperate file was gone by itself.

I really don't want that file ("Process-InfoPathClientEvent- Task for 86_23.xml") created since it does not have item list permission assigned. All users can open it.

Thanks,

David

1 reply

Badge +8

This is by design and cannot be helped. InfoPath needs a physical file to exist before it can render it (both thick client and Form Services). Think of it like this, can you open a Word document if it doesn't physically exist somewhere?

A simple workaround would be to change the default view of the Form Library, only show items where the Modified By field = [Me]. This will hide all the working documents. Agreed, a clever user can find a workaround for this, but it should hide this from most other users. They will also not be able to submit forms they do not own, the K2 Server will check if the user opening the form is the owner and raise an error if not.