Schedule Workflow runs multiple workflows

• 19 April 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello Nintex Community,

I'm new using Nintex for SharePoint and I'm getting some issues. I'd like some help on this to know the best way to do it.

In my scheduled workflow I used to call more workflows one by one waiting until the last one was finished, but the quantity of these was increasing due to changes on the request of internall customers but when the workflows increased the issues began, at the end, usually the last two or three workflows didn't do anything and finalized as "complete" when they didn't do anything of what they should do.

To fix this "issue" I thought to separate these workflows by sections and call them in different workflows, then I sectioned them into other workflows. Now, I have a scheduled workflow, into this I have a couple of workflows and into these two ones I run the other ones.

Scheduled Workflow > Workflow 1 > Workflow 1.1 workflow 1.2 workflow 1.3
                                   > Workflow 2 > Workflow 2.1 workflow 2.2 workflow 2.3

But now I have another issue, when It starts to run, the workflows 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 run many times even if I just call them only once. The "start workflow" option is into an action set configured in the follow way <action set / start workflow / commit pending changes> this is for any workflow I call.

Do you have any idea of how to fix this or a better way about how I should administer these workflows?

Information:

SharePoint 2013, Nintex 2013.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

place Pause for action at the very beginning of each workflow

Badge +1

Hello Maria!
I've tried your recommendation and it worked correctly.

Thank you so much for your advice

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

that's great!

please mark the answer correct.