Task title appearing as (no title) for an activity in a K2 process

• 10 December 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Once a K2 process is deployed, it works properly and the corressponding activity actions are completed by the destination user, but after few activities (after 5 activities in my case) the 6th activity's title appears as (no title) in the tasks list. and it doesn't allow to perform any task action. The title appears properly in the Instances Summary but not in the Tasks list. Any Idea whats going wrong?? 

3 replies

Badge +1

Are you referring to K2 blackpoint or K2 blackpearl? Which of the designers are you using (K2 Designer for SharePoint, K2 Studio, K2 Designer for Visio or K2 Designer for Visual Studio)?

It's rather hard to understand your question without anymore details than this. Please help us all understand more about your problem.  It helps us all to help you better.

I would suggest to check if the title for the client page. Then again - It's uncertain if you are using ASP.NET Web Forms or SharePoint Task Pages - hence it would be hard for me to comment.

Could you please link us a couple of screenshots or the .KPRX that you have?

Badge +5

Thanks hasegawa_h for your reply. I was referring to K2 Blackpoint. Anyhow, this issue is resolved. When we design a process in K2, we give the activity its name. This name should not contain special characters. Otherwise it gives the tile for that activity as "(no title)" in Task list. I used '&' in my title. This might be a bug in K2 Blackpoint. Thanks for your reply.

Badge +1

Ah, I see.

It is quite true that K2 blackpoint does not allow any special characters in its activities' names but somehow does not enforce the validation.

This should be fixed in the next upcoming update of K2 blackpoint.

Not sure if you  have access to the official KB center, but it was raised before at http://help.k2.com/en/KB000299.aspx

In any case, I'm glad that you've got it solved.