Nintex FORM - Get the Selected Option from choice field (radio) & display in Text field

• 8 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

5464i728E18B87B09306F.png

When use selects the TYPE -- the form should update the Title + Current Date.

Example: Option 1 - 12/5/2019

8 replies

Badge +12

@Washington-adi ....Is there a reason, you need it in text field? Instead you can use calculated column and get those value.

The reason I ask is because it doesn't make any sense, one one end your users are selecting values from choice and then you're giving them another option to modify in the text field !!!

Badge +2
#1 Giving an Option for users to change the title if they want
#2 How do i save calculated field back to the list? as Title is a column in the list
Badge +12

@Washington-adi ....well in that case I can give another option....(if you have Nintex workflow):

1. Connect your choice column with a list column
  2. Keep Title column connected to Title list column
  3. When item is created trigger the workflow:
    • Run If Title is blank (which means user don't want custom Title) then using Choice column's value, build the Title and update Title column

Also, you can connect a calculated control to a list column to store value. But in your case it won't work since default value won't allow you to use Named Controls and connected control will store the calculated value and not user given value for Title column in your list.

Badge +2

Some FORM JavaScript works best! See this solution.  Append-value-from-dropdown - by @emha 

Somehow JavaScript isn't working for me. 

Badge +12

@Washington-adi ....JavaScript only works with Classic form and not responsive form. Based on the control I see in your screenshot, yours is responsive form, am I right?

Badge +2
Yes. I'm using Responsive form. I'm surprised that JS won't work on responsive. I can change the form into Classic. No worries.
Badge +2

Below JS isn't working ...

NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady(function () {
NWF$(".Type").change(function(evt){
var TitleValue = evt.target.value;
NWF$(".Title").val(TitleValue);
});
});

Badge +17

@Washington-adi were you able to get it working?