Starting point

• 25 September 2007
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Does anyone have recommendations on how to develop a technical understanding of black pearl?  Any samples, tutorials, articles, etc?  I have no prior knowledge of K2.

The help file tutorials seem to be for some other version of K2 than what we have, prompts, screens, etc seem to deviate more than a little with the end result that I'm not able to successfully finish a tutorial and then tear it apart learning from it.  So far the only tutorial I've been able to get through and working is the web tutorial.

4 replies

Badge +3
Watch for a documentation refresh coming soon with updated documentation and tutorials :) 
Badge +1

Well as an update I've gotten the web designer tutorial done and gotten through the InfoPath tutorial.  Once I figured out we had a problem on our end and the tutorial left out a section on security things went better.

I do have one question though.  I deployed the form as a web form which worked well.  I deleted the document library and projects and ran through it again noting the changes I had to make.  At the end I could not deploy as a web form again and received the following error:

Server was unable to process request. ---> The Web application at http://10.37.0.55/_vti_bin/K2SPFiles.asmx could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content, the system administrator may need to add a new request URL mapping to the intended application. c:PrjLarryExpenseLarryExpenseobjDebugDeploymentLarryExpense.msbuild 72 6 LarryExpense

I can change it to deploy as an infoPath form, but can't get this sampe to deploy as a web form any more.  Any hints on what needs to be cleaned up, fixed to get this working again?

Badge +3

icon-quote.giflcharlton:

Does anyone have recommendations on how to develop a technical understanding of black pearl?  Any samples, tutorials, articles, etc?

This is a valid question. I've been throught the tutorials and have read most of the documentation. What I'm really lacking is a substantial sample that uses each of the activities.  The documention with it's sceen shots is helpful, but if the intent and an example use of each activity was included that would great.

How is everyone doing learning BP. Do they think they are ready to tackle real work problems give the resources available to them?

Badge +7
I also found out that I cannot complete the Lab from the "getStart.chm". I always hit into an error and cannot complete it.
I am also looking for any other resource on learning it.