Difficulty in consuming XML Web services via smart objects

• 17 April 2014
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

Hi There,

I have an established SOAP web service that prvides various information from LOB systems throughout the organisation. The web service returns 2 types: string or XML dataset. When testing the the string return types in the service object tool everyhting works as expected, however, when invoking a web method that returns an XML dataset I get garbage back.

I have a call open with K2 at athe moment but I;m not making much progress. I have heard that I might need to define the XML schema for the XML dataset but I have no idea where I am meant to doing this.

Ultimately I am trying to populate a drop down list in a smart form with the data returned for from this web method. If any one has had this issue with XML web services and K2 please get in touch.

Thanks

1 reply

Badge +7

This issue was caused by the fact that that the dataset returned was not compatible with the K2 Smart Object Return container. We had to recompile the web service as a .Net 4 project and and implement it onto a host running on a .Net 4 apppool . After doing this the Smart Object Service tester tool was returning legible strings.

To summarise, K2 Smart Object is expecting a .Net 4.0.0.0 dataset and will not work if a .Net 2 dataset is returned. 

Thanks to all those who looked at this