In Send notification action when modifying the HTML Editor of the rich text blank-chars/spaces are inserted automatically

Badge +1

Hi,

I am using Nintex Workflow 2013 to send a notification with details of a request item of a simple SharePoint list.

Each time i edit the notification's content (via HTML Editor of the action), an empty space character is keep being inserted automatically to the end of every row/cell of my table I've built in HTML.

That can be noticed in the HTML code-behind of the notification received in Outlook (as the <br> tags):203480_pastedImage_1.png

This is how the email is looks like:

203481_pastedImage_2.png

Any ideas for how this problem can be solved?

Thanks,

Daniel

5 replies

Badge +10

The whole HTML text should be in a single line, you should not use enter key. Means when you paste it in notepad it should only show a single line. 

Badge +1

That's right.

The thing is even if the whole HTML is in a single line, each time I want to modify it, the enter keys in the HTML Editor of the action are already inserted automatically by Nintex.

Badge +9

Hi Daniel Ohana‌,

Agree with you. Instead of using "Edit Source" (HTML code) option in Send Notification action you can directly insert the item values or workflow variables in the email body (Rich Text). 

203484_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Badge +3

Which version of Nintex workflow are you using? I the beginning of the year I reported a similar bug to Nintex, which was first attempted fixed back in march, but Nintex had some challenges with that release, then again with version 3.2.3.2 released back in april, and re-released 16th of may.

The behaviour I saw, was when i copied html text from one task to another, or edited an existing one in html view the linebreaks/ br appeared in the mails.

Badge +16

I agree. I had HTML that was formatted perfectly until we upgraded when it did this. Was fixed with latest version we applied last week.